WAGGGS 2019 Juliette Low Seminar
Are you an enthusiastic volunteer and aspiring leader? Could this fantastic WAGGGS opportunity help you to achieve your potential ?
The Juliette Low Seminar is WAGGGS' flagship leadership development event for young women and Girlguiding Mdlands have the opportunity to send representative to the 2019 event!
The Juliette Low Seminar (JLS) aims to build worldwide friendships and help young women out of their comfort zone, as well as empowering the next generation of leaders ,WAGGGS have been providing this inter-cultural, inspirational and international experience since 1932.
In 2019 WAGGGS will be piloting a new approach to the Juliette Low Seminar. They will offer this opportunity to 400 young women aged 20 to 30 by hosting nineteen Juliette Low Seminar hubs across the world.
Girlguiding (UK) have been selected as a host and will be running a hub in Waddow. The other UK hub will be PAX lodge and this will be run by WAGGGS. Most UK delegates will attend one of these two hubs but there may be an opportunity for International travel.
The six and a half day progrmme will take place from 14-20 November 2019. Participants will be expected to arrive on 13 November and can depart from the afternoon of 20 November.
All travel and accommodation costs as well as reasonable expenses will be met by Girlguiding Midlands.
On their return, participants will be required to develop and run a project to empower 100 girls aged 12 -18 with leadership practices that will build their confidence as everyday leaders.
Interviews wil be held on the following dates;
Thursday 7th February in the evening
Friday 8th February in the evening
Saturday 9th February in the afternoon
To find out more about the legacy of the JLS as well as plans for this year, please click here
- An active member of Girlguiding at a local, County or Region level.
- 20 - 30 years old by 30 November 2019.
- Able to understand and communicate well in one or more of these languages:
- Arabic, English, French, Mandarin (Chinese), Spanish or Swahili
- A first time participant (i.e you have not participated in a WAGGGS seminar or similar event before)
- Cultural sensitive and open minded.
- Adaptable - WAGGGS will use your preferences to select your JLS location.
- Willing to undertake new challenging experiences.
- A mature and responisble golbal citizen.
- Able to access the internet.
- Able to arrange your own travel insurance.
- Eager to develop new leadership skills and support Girlguiding.
- Committed to designing and running a leadership experience after the seminar (potentially working with other UK delegates, this may involve travel outside of Region)